Gillian Mary Catherine is fourteen months old! Big girl. As you can see ... her hair is getting very long on top. It's starting to thicken up in the back, too, and it's actually getting a little curly. She has four teeth, with an adorable gap between those top two. Lots of words now, too! Her favorite things to say are "All done!" and "Hi!" We start hearing her call out "Alllll done!" at about 4 a.m. lately - it isn't QUITE as cute then as it is other times. She also does some baby signs now: eat, more and milk. She loves to play peek-a-boo, patty cake and itsy bitsy spider. Her favorite toys are baby dolls, and anything that belongs to Sam.
Sam is nearly four and a half, and is amazing. He has a better vocabulary than most adults, although there are still some things that he says just a little bit wrong, in an adorable way. He likes to say "convenient," although I don't think he actually knows what it means. A tub full of bubbles? "Wow! Look at all these bubbles! That's so convenient!"
His imaginary friend "Girl" is still very much with us. She's a hoot. I hear the two of them talking over the monitor a lot of nights after he's in bed.
My favorite Sam quote right now, though: "Mommy, I will always love you. Nothing will ever make me not love you." Seriously. He said that to me tonight before I went to the grocery store.
These are some amazing kids!


<< Home