Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sam's Fall Field Trip

Fall Kindergarten Field Trip!
The weather finally turned more fall-ish for Sam's field trip! In fact, it poured on us when we first got there and since there was even some lightning, they closed us into a barn until the worst of it passed over. But it cleared up in time for us to take a tractor ride and pick pumpkins! We also got to see some baby animals, ride a "pumpkin train," we had story time, and the kids got to play in piles of hay. Overall, a bunch of happy kids. It was really sweet.The lesson I learned - I'm too old to ride the bus. I got rrrrreally sick on the way out there and Jess had to come get me so I could follow the bus in the car on the way home. I felt pretty dumb about that, but lesson learned! Sam's mom can't ride the bus.

He didn't think the picture above was very cool. He wanted one that was tougher. We had a couple tries to get to this one, which he was happy with. Naturally he wanted to be rocking it out in the pumpkin patch.

Ok, in defense of my hair - it was raining! It started out cuter.

The celebrated pumpkin train. It's not a train, and those aren't pumpkins. But the kids didn't care - this was a big hit.
Posted by Picasa